I mentioned in my previous post that my lovely sister is hosting this year's Thanksgiving dinner for our entire family. I was asked to contribute two sides to the feast. Accompanying my Honey Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts, will be my Roasted Pear and Goat Cheese Salad. I made this salad last year and it was definitely a winner. The best thing about making this as a side is that it is SO easy. I mean, seriously easy! Easy AND delicious? Count me in!
Serves 6-8 people
3 Bartlett Pears
2 tbsp. butter (melted)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
16 oz organic spinach
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (Any kind. I prefer this raspberry vinaigrette.)
1. Preheat oven to 375° degrees.
2. Wash and dry the pears. Cut each one into 8 wedges, removing the stem and core.
3. Toss the pear wedges in a large bowl with the butter and cinnamon until well combined.
4. Lay the wedges flat on a baking sheet.
5. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Wash the spinach and place in a large salad bowl. Toss with the balsamic vinaigrette dressing in the amount you prefer.
7. Top salad with the roasted pears and goat cheese.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Optional- Add dried cranberries and/or walnuts for extra flavor and crunch!