I am a sucker for a good Fettuccine Alfredo. Since I began my Paleo journey a few years ago, I kissed my love for Alfredo goodbye and accepted that I would never be able to eat it again.
After I started my January Whole 30, I began craving things I had not craved in quite some time. My theory is that this probably has something to do with depriving yourself of everything that brings happiness.
Off I set to find a solution to my problem in order to avoid going on a full out Fettuccine Alfredo binge at the nearest OIive Garden.
Fortunately, I came up with a pretty dang good Alfredo sauce imitation, which you can find here.
Being that I was pretty tired of chicken, I decided to add shrimp as my protein. Put it all together with batch of sautéed zoodles, and you got yourself a deliciously perfect Whole 30 compliant Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo.
- 3 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup Cashew Alfredo Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Notes + Tips
- If you are looking to buy a spiralizer, I highly recommend the one I use by OXO which you can find here. You can also buy spiralized zucchini zoodles at any Whole Foods Market, or you can use a vegetable peeler to get a similar effect on your own.
- Leftover zoodles and shrimp covered in sauce will stay fresh in the refrigerator for one night. Re-heat in the microwave for 1.5 minutes.